Major Acadicus Q2 Platform Update
We just released an exciting new update to Acadicus, including expanded support for HP Reverb G2, HTC Vive, and Valve Index along with numerous additional updates, fixes, and optimizations.
Don’t miss the fun new ‘Physics’ preview feature, enabling you to add gravity to any selected asset in VR edit mode.
While in VR mode, you’ll also notice the new Quick Access menu, designed to provide shortcuts to common features.
Please be sure to download, install and try this update out before any upcoming simulations!
You’ll be prompted to download and install it the next time you open Acadicus or Acadicus Studio.
If you have any questions, ping us here in Discord or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q2 Update Change Log
– NEW: Support with XR devices (Valve Index, HTC Vive, HP Reverb G2)
– NEW: Option to add physics/gravity to Assets (preview feature)
– NEW: Menu designed for quick access. Always visible with options to toggle the microphone. laser and menu.
– NEW: Feature to teleport backwards using down on the joystick
– NEW: Feature to continue rotating your view by holding right/left on the joystick
– NEW: Feature that resets the data channel within a room when loading a scene.
– UPDATE: Optimized Asset Tool
– UPDATE: Option to use an Enterprise Server
– UPDATE: Limit the rotation or direction of the Sun so it may not pass the horizon.
– UPDATE: Renamed the admin login from “Pro Space Admin” to “Admin”
– UPDATE: The Asset caches will be clear automatically when the server is changed.
-OPTIMIZATION: Assets tool loading, unloaded, caching, downloading and serialization improved.
– OPTIMIZATION: Modified the management of loaded Assets. Now all Assets will be unloaded when a scene load occurs. This optimizes the amount of RAM being used by Acadicus.- FIX: Issue with empty guids’ within the failed item states system.
– FIX: Issue with the Acadicus Checkpoint erroneously adding a component to its Game Object.
– FIX: Issue with duplicate pre-socketed assets not property being created and networked.
– FIX: Issue with the 360 camera not capturing UI elements attached to Assets.
– FIX: Issue with Network Designator destruction not being tracked in scene recordings.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Learn more about Acadicus’ features including Simulation Manager, Scene Editing, 3D Recording, and Multiplayer
Virtual pediatric simulation content includes patients, equipment, preconfigured scene templates, audio effects, and more.
Acadicus comes with a library of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) simulation templates, patients, equipment, and environments.
Run immersive and engaging simulations aligned with Next Generation NCLEX®️ (NGN) that prepare students for real world practice
Virtual Human Anatomy
These 3D virtual anatomy assets and more are available in Acadicus and can be used to create immersive virtual healthcare education experiences.
ACLS and PALS Heart Rhythm Disturbances
In this series of 3D Recorded presentations, Dr. Nick Slamon describes ACLS and PALS heart rhythm disturbances.
Virtual Airway Content
Operating room virtual reality simulation content pack with airway management / endotracheal intubation assets.
Emergency Room Content
This virtual simulation content pack includes assets for basic wound treatment in an emergency room environment.
This content pack contains everything needed to conduct ECG lead placement training through virtual simulation. Accessible in VR or non-VR.
The Respiratory Therapy asset pack includes an elderly patient, various oxygen adjuncts, and interactive oxygen flow meter.
Acadicus comes with a library of characters that can be used to stage a wide variety of simulation scenarios that can be manipulated with Sim Manager.
Within the environment, characters, equipment and other assets can be added to the scene depending on the scenario.