VR Mode Hardware
Virtual Reality mode can be access with Oculus Rift or Oculus Rift S.
Oculus Quest 1 and 2 can technically be used when connected to a Rift-compatible windows PC, but please beware they require use of an authentic private Facebook account which is incompatible with most education and enterprise policy. We are working toward compatibility with HP Reverb G2, HTC Vive, Valve Index and other headsets, so please check in with us before making hardware purchases!
We recommend exceeding Oculus’ recommended PC specifications by including 16 gb memory or more: https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/
Acadicus can also be accessed in Non-VR Windows PC Mode. The minimum recommended specifications are as follows:
- CPU 2~ Ghz (2 cores+), 4 GB RAM, 2 GB video card, DirectX 11, x64 Windows 10.
- Minimum Required (for a single user on a local network): 10Mbps down and 3Mbps up
- Recommended (supports several users on a local network): 100Mbps down and 10Mbps up
- Hardwired ethernet connection required (wifi could work if needed, but isn’t officially supported)
- TCP/UDP must be opened for port 9966, specifically for host 18.104.22.168 and port 8090 open for 22.214.171.124