We’re Hiring! Unity VR Asset Integration and Interactivity Developer (Remote, Contract)
Arch Virtual (https://archvirtual.com/) is a VR development company located in Madison, Wisconsin, focused on applying virtual technologies toward solving real-world problems.
The goal of our Acadicus platform (https://acadicus.com/) is to increase access to medical simulation environments, patients, and equipment, with the goal of providing better patient care, reducing errors, and saving lives.
We are currently looking for a talented Unity VR Developer to help us build the next generation of VR education and training.
You would be part of a multidisciplinary team of developers responsible for implementing various functional interactivity into 3D assets. It would also be your job to import them into Acadicus for use in colleges, hospitals, and other organizations.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in Unity Development technologies, with some coding skills, along with a keen eye for detail. This role requires a self-motivated candidate with excellent communication skills, as well as experience working remotely.
This role will initially be a flexible, remote, hourly, as-needed independent contractor position, with the possibility of growing into full-time employment.
- Work with our Technical Art team to take 3D assets as they’re completed and implement various forms of functional interactivity in Unity using the Playmaker visual scripting system.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to import completed assets into Acadicus.
- Work with Project Management to ensure content is meeting scheduled completion timelines.
- Assist with quality assurance testing of assets and platform releases.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years experience with Unity 3D/Content Development
- C# object-oriented programming and scripting language skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials, etc)
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working on VR projects (ideal candidate has their own PC-VR system)
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git in a multi-developer team environment
- Portfolio of past projects, and/or reference from past employers/colleagues
- Experience with animation (primarily human animation)
- Experience with Playmaker
Please inquire by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘Unity Developer’ in the subject line. Please include examples of your work.