Acadicus looking for medical students, nursing students, residents, or others interested in joining a live virtual reality instructional demonstration focused on pediatric critical care, directed by Dr. Nick Slamon, Fellowship director of Pediatric Critical Care at the Nemours/ duPont Hospital for Children.
This demonstration will be held in Acadicus using the Oculus Rift VR headsets and the platform’s multi-user feature. We will be capturing a 3D recording of the session which will then be played back and used for debriefing / assessment.
Below is an example of a training scenario created by Dr. Slamon that includes many of the topics this session will cover, and more information can be found here [link].
- Orientation to pediatric airway readiness concepts
- Understanding of proper room setup
- Overview of equipment needed
- Each participant will play a role and the scenario will run in a mock code style
- Up to 3 qualified students or residents will be chosen in the order their replies are received
- Access to an Oculus Rift VR headset with broadband internet connection
- Must be a current medical or nursing student – or in a residency program
- Can join from anywhere
- Signed consent form indicating approval to use the 3D recording from this session in potential marketing materials and demonstrations of the Acadicus platform
- This training will be conducted over 2 sessions, and students should allow for approximately 2 hours time for each session including setup time and debriefing.
- The first session will be held September 12th at 12 noon central time.
- The participant, and the school they’re attending will be given complimentary access to an Acadicus Pro Space for 2 months, a total value of over $3,000.
Anyone interested in participating should complete the application below or contact Jon Brouchoud via email at email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration!